Winner of the American Christian Fiction Writer's Carol Award for Dauntless!!!

Monday, September 21, 2015

More Chivalrous Fun!!!


I wanted to share a few fun new blog articles about Chivalrous with my readers today. The first is about how my two badly behaved malti-poos helped to inspire some endearing characters for the book. Can you handle the cuteness? Click here to read the article on USA Today's Happy-Ever-After blog.


The second is about me and my critique partner Roseanna White. We've been partners in this writing quest since 2010, and in a surprising twist of fate, we both had books releasing with Bethany House this year on September 8th. I mean, seriously, what are the odds? All I can say is that it's a God thing. Beyond being critique partners, she is also my senior editor at WhiteFire Publishing, where I work as a part-time in acquisitions. She is also a great friend of mine, and my favorite author. To top it all off, we only live about six hours apart, and so we've had several opportunities over the years to visit in person. The best was when she came to town for a surprise party some of my friends threw for me celebrating my contract with Bethany House Publishers. I was indeed surprised by the party, but especially stunned to see Roseanna, and excited to learn that she and her husband were staying the night at my house :) Anyway, here's the article about our critique partnership that was featured on the Bethany House blog. 


That should be enough reading to keep you busy for a while. And while your at it, don't forget to read Chivalrous for yourself!



2 comments:

  1. I just finished Chivalrous and it was AMAZING!!!!! You did a really great job! Gwen and Allen were just amazing....
    but anyways, I was reading my Bible and came across a verse yesterday that reminded me of the Valiant Hearts series and I feel fits really well will this series and thought you might like to hear it :)
    The verse is Psalm 60:12 and it says "Through God we will do valiantly, For it is He who shall tread down our enemies." (NKJV)
    I felt like this really fit with your series because 1. It's called Valiant Hearts and this verse talks about being valiant, and 2. because this series focuses a lot on battles and warfare and demonstrates very well how God takes care of us in the thick of trouble and frees us from our enemies. This verse fits very well along those lines, and it made me have a little two-second freak out when I first read it, haha.
    So anyway.. yeah. I just thought that was pretty cool and thought you might like to take a look at the verse yourself, considering it basically sums up your series in two lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Zoe!!! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your excitement. I actually remember singing a song to that verse when I was a kid. Maybe I should add it to book three...:)

      Delete